At The Johns Hopkins University, our nation's first Research University, there is a long tradition of scientists carrying out research at the interface of Chemistry and Biology. The establishment of the Chemistry-Biology Interface (CBI) program in 2005 formalized this tradition. We are pleased to invite you to explore this website to learn about our program. Apply Now!
- January 2014: Congratulations to Professor Marc Ostermeier who has been elected to the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering’s 2014 College of Fellows!
- January 2014: Brian Chaikind has successfully defended his graduate thesis! Congratulations Brian!
- December 2013: Congratulations to Dr. Craig Townsend for winning the I.A. Scott Medal! The I.A Scott Medal is sponsored by the ACS Texas A&M Section and the Texas A&M University department of chemistry. The award recognizes excellence in biological chemistry research.
- November 2013: Congratulations to Professor Phil Cole who has been elected a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science!
- September 2013: The CBI Program is pleased to welcome Professor Cynthia Wolberger and Professor James Berger as Preceptors in the program!
- July 2013: Francine Morris has successfully defended her graduate thesis! Congratulations Francine!
- June 2013: Lerna Uzasci has successfully defended her graduate thesis! Congratulations Lerna!
- June 2013: Hillary Clark, Erik Hansen, David Bartee, and Corry Paul passed their Graduate Board Orals!
- May 2013: Callie Huitt-Roehl, Yi Wang, Darcie Long, and Ben Crane passed their Graduate Board Orals!
- March 2013: Amy Weil has successfully defended her graduate thesis! Congratulations Amy!
- December 2012: Congratulations to Professor Young Sam Lee and his group for their publication in Science (2012, 338, 1069) concerning the role of SAICAR (an intermediate in purine biosynthesis) on cancer cell survival.
- August 2012: Katie Fiedler has successfully defended her graduate thesis! Congratulations Katie!
- August 2012: Anna Vagstad has successfully defended her graduate thesis! Congratulations Anna!
- June 2012: Sam Hong passed his Graduate Board Oral! Congratulations Sam!
- May 2012: Phil Storm passed his Graduate Board Oral! Congratulations Phil!
- May 2012: Congratulations to Breeana Grogan (Stivers Lab) who was awarded a Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Fellowship to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research.
- April 2012: Congratulations to Dr. Mary Katherine Tarrant (Ph.D., Cole Lab) who won the prestigious Alicia Showalter Reynolds award at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine